Land for Ephraim and Manasseh
1. This is the land that the family of Joseph received. This land started at the Jordan River near Jericho and continued to the waters of Jericho. (This was just east of Jericho.) The border went up from Jericho to the hill country of Bethel.
2. Then the border continued from Bethel (Luz) to the Arkite border at Ataroth.
3. Then the border went west to the border of the Japhletites. The border continued to Lower Beth Horon. Then the border went to Gezer and continued to the Mediterranean Sea.
4. So the people of Manasseh and Ephraim got their land. (Manasseh and Ephraim were sons of Joseph.)
5. This is the land that was given to the people of Ephraim: Their eastern border started at Ataroth Addar near Upper Beth Horon.
6. And the western border started at Micmethath. The border turned to the east to Taanath Shiloh and continued east to Janoah.
7. Then it went from Janoah down to Ataroth and to Naarah. The border continued until it touched Jericho and ended at the Jordan River.
8. The border went from Tappuah west to Kanah Ravine and ended at the sea. This is all the land that was given to the Ephraimites. Each family in that tribe got a part of this land.
9. Many of the border towns of Ephraim were actually in Manasseh’s borders, but the Ephraimites got the towns and the fields around them.
10. But the Ephraimites were not able to force the Canaanites to leave the town of Gezer. So the Canaanites still live among the Ephraimites today, although they did become slaves of the Ephraimites.
Chapters in Joshua :